My domain transfer from Dotster to Gandi completed today, giving me the ability to add IPv6 glue records for my nameservers. With that in place, end-to-end IPv6 is now possible for my colo services:
; <<>> DiG 9.7.1-P2 <<>> +trace +additional -6 -t AAAA colobox.com @2001:470:1f05:22e::1 ;; global options: +cmd . 49755 IN NS a.root-servers.net. a.root-servers.net. 53372 IN AAAA 2001:503:ba3e::2:30 ;; Received 508 bytes from 2001:470:1f05:22e::1#53(2001:470:1f05:22e::1) in 2 ms com. 172800 IN NS a.gtld-servers.net. a.gtld-servers.net. 172800 IN AAAA 2001:503:a83e::2:30 ;; Received 501 bytes from 2001:503:ba3e::2:30#53(a.root-servers.net) in 49 ms colobox.com. 172800 IN NS feh.colobox.com. feh.colobox.com. 172800 IN AAAA 2607:f740:0:d::2 ;; Received 159 bytes from 2001:503:a83e::2:30#53(a.gtld-servers.net) in 54 ms colobox.com. 3600 IN AAAA 2607:f740:0:d::2 colobox.com. 3600 IN NS feh.colobox.com. feh.colobox.com. 3600 IN AAAA 2607:f740:0:d::2 ;; Received 187 bytes from 2607:f740:0:d::2#53(feh.colobox.com) in 66 ms
(Records unrelated to the trace have been omitted for readability.)
It also gave me the ability to complete Hurricane Electric’s IPv6 certification:
Also, last week I found out that my work office’s ISP has native IPv6 connectivity, and they set us up with an allocation this week, a /64 for the border VLAN between our networks and a /48 routed to our router/firewall. It’s up and running, though the only internal address I’ve set up so far is my workstation.